Welcome to Oak Lawn Bible Church's online worship service ! We're glad you are taking part in worshiping with us. While we don't really believe that there is any replacement for actually gathering together, we hope this is a tool that can help you worship God in whatever circumstances you find yourself. When we can't gather in person, we can gather in spirit, longing for the day when we will be face to face again.
SOME TIPS FOR HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Gather with your family or those you live with, if that is possible. At least then you can worship together with them.
- Commit to actively engaging in all aspects of worship. Sing with the songs. Take notes on the message and look for application. Pray the prayers. Most of the time when we're looking at a screen we're only engaging passively. Worship is inherently active. It is something we must do for ourselves, not something that can be done for us.
- Identify and try to minimize distractions. Worshiping at home presents a unique challenge and opportunity. If you've got small kids, have them use the bathroom before you start, just as if you were attending church in person. Try to put your focus on worshiping God, not on the other things that often call for our attention at home. At the same time, participating via video means you can pause if needed. Use the opportunity to discuss.
- See this page for some content specifically for your kids. Due to copyright restrictions, our kid's church page is password protected. Contact us or check our Facebook groups for the password.
- Fill out this form to let us know you participated in online worship: Connect Card
If you want to give to OLBC as part of your worship you can do that by going to oaklawnbible.org/give.