Welcome to Oak Lawn Bible Church's online "worship service" ! We're glad you are taking part in worshiping with us. While we don't really believe that there is any replacement for actually gathering together, we recognize that in this time we must do what we must do. We hope this is a tool that can help you worship God in your setting. When we can't gather in person, we can gather in spirit, longing for the day when we will be face to face again. For some reason, God in his providence is moving in this way. Let us be looking for what He is doing.
SOME TIPS FOR HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Gather with your family or those you live with, if that is possible. At least then you can worship together with them.
- Commit to actively engaging in all aspects of worship. Sing with the songs. Take notes on the message and look for application. Pray the prayers. Most of the time when we're looking at a screen we're only engaging passively. Worship is inherently active. It is something we must do for ourselves, not something that can be done for us.
- Identify and try to minimize distractions. Worshiping at home presents a unique challenge and opportunity. If you've got small kids, have them use the bathroom before you start, just as if you were attending church in person. Try to put your focus on worshiping God, not on the other things that often call for our attention at home. At the same time, participating via video means you can pause if needed.
- See this page for some content specifically for your kids.
- Fill out this form to let us know you participated in online worship: Connect Card
If you want to give to OLBC as part of your worship you can do that by going to oaklawnbible.org/give.